Cross Country is the only sport offered for the fall season.
- This sport is offered for boys and girls in 5th and 6th grades.
- Cross Country is a Co-ed running team that competes against other schools over an outdoor terrain consisting of 1 to 2 miles.
- The season officially starts Tuesday, September 3rd.
- Parents and athletes are required to read, print, and sign the 3 forms posted on the Middle School Athletics website. The forms that must be turned in are Code of Conduct, the Sports Physical, and a Waiver/Liability form. These forms must be turned in prior the first official practice in order to participate.
- There is a fee of $85 per sport, per athlete.
- Cross Country registration deadline is Tuesday, September 3rd.
- The first official practice will be held on
- Practices will be held every Monday and Tuesday after school from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Thursday from 3:30 to 4:30 pm.
- Our school will be competing against many other charter schools in the Aurora/Denver area.
- All meets will start at 4:30 pm.
- Athletes are expected to arrive fully prepared 15 minutes before the start time for proper warm-up and team huddles.
- 1 Mile September 11th Start time: 4:30
- 1 Mile September 25th Start time: 4:30
- 2 Mile October 9th Start time: 4:30
- 2 Mile October 23rd Start Time: 4:30
The location of the meets is TBA!!
ADSL requires that two parents from each school volunteer to direct/supervise runners during their races on race days. Please choose a day that works for you!
- Athletes will be asked their t-shirt size and will be given a uniform prior to the first race.
- Uniforms must be worn only on race day.
- Please wear proper attire and be prepared on race days (water, snack, running shoes, shorts, light jacket, sweatshirts, etc.)
- Athletes may only be transported via parents and/or family member to and from the race.
- Teachers and Coaches are not permitted to transport any athlete.
- If parents wish to carpool, parents must fill out and sign the Carpool approval form provided by Ms. Erickson either prior or post race.
- Parents and guardians may also use this form for practices. On race day, a sign-out form will be passed around for signatures to verify parents are taking their athlete home.
- Please read through the GVA-DC parent/student handbook.
- This handbook contains important information on the code of conduct, behavioral expectations, sportsmanship, student eligibility, the 24-hour rule, chain of communication, and our athletic standards here at GVA.